Creative Guitar 4
The student upon completion will be able to:
- Sight read positions 4,5, 6
- Read rhythms and melody from Paul Hindemith: pages 30 to 50
- Perform selected pages fomr Berklee Modern method for guitar Volume 1: pages 50 to 113.
- Using standard notation compose two 32 bar compositions using , secondary dominants and relative minor 7th chords.
- Transcribe and memorise a 16 bar improvisation.
- Play all major and minor 7th arpeggios in two octaves and in 6 positions
- Play all major scales, in all keys with patterns: 5, 6, 7.
- Drop 2 chords all inversions, major , minor, diminished , augmented.
- Play solo guitar piece of their choice.
- Perform two songs to choose from the following styles: Jazz, Rock, Blues, Folk, Latin Flamenco ( developing melody and accompaniment ).
- Create variations of melody using anticipation and delay.
- Play with the melody with more than one note a a time with:
- two note voicings for vertical harmonisation.
- Talk about the chords as a soloist and not as the accompaniment with:
- lyrical soloing
- ambiguous soloing: pedal tones, fourth sounds, pentatonic soloing
- focus on available tensions: melodic or harmonic (UST ).
- Play chords in a manner where we help define the groove and enhance the rhythmic harmonic variety, and excitement ,with triads of opposite harmonic function, to create movemen.t
- Define chords and groove:
- with single notes