Artistic Guitar 5
The student upon completion will be able to:
- Sight read in positions: 7, 8 and 9
- Read rhythms and melody from Paul Hindemith: pages 30 to 45
- Perform Berklee Modern Method for Guitar Volume 2: pages 1- 50.
- Using number notations compose two 32 bar modal compositions.
- Transcribe and memorise a 32 bar improvisation.
- Play all diminished and augmented 7th in two octaves .
- Play all major scales in all keys with patterns: 6, 7, 8.
- Drop 3 chords all inversions, major , minor, diminished , augmented.
- Play solo guitar piece of their choice.
- Perform two songs to choose from the following styles: Jazz, Rock, Blues, Folk, Latin Flamenco (developing melody and accompaniment ).
- Create variations of melody, augmenting and shortening time span.
- Play with the melody with more than one note a a time with:
- three note voicings for vertical harmonisation
- triads or upper structure triads on selected targeted areas.
- Talk about the chords as a soloist and not as the accompaniment with:
• motif soloing, multi motif soloing , motif development variation, extension fragmentation
• play rest approach
• rhythmic displacement , augmentation and diminution.
- Play chords in a manner where we help define the groove and enhance the rhythmic harmonic variety and excitement, with triads of opposite harmonic function to create movement.
- Define chords and groove with melodic lines as:
- guide tone lines
- low register melodic lines: ascending or descending lines
- thinking of the whole background as one new melody line with motifs.