The student upon completion will be able to:
- Sight read in positions 1, 2 and 3.
- Read rhythms and melody from Paul Hindemith: Pages 20 to 30.
- Perform Berklee Modern Method for guitar: Pages 1- 50.
- Using number notations compose a:
- 32 bar composition with seventh chords and modal interchange.
- 32 bar modal composition, to choose from major scales modes.
- Transcribe a harmonic structure of a chosen song, with modal interchange.( seventh chords)
- Transcribe and memorise a 16 bar improvisation.
- Play all major and minor arpeggios, in two octaves and in 6 positions.
Play all major scales, in all keys with patterns:3, 4, 5.
- Play all 7th chords derived from CAGED system.
- Play solo guitar piece of their choice.
- Perform two songs to choose from the following styles: Jazz, Rock, Blues, Folk, Latin Flamenco ( developing melody and accompaniment ).
- Create melodic variations using dynamics, articulation, register and adding notes .
- Improvise with chord tone soloing targeting:
- chordal notes
- guide tone lines
- embellishment with short and long notes.
Full chords strummed or comped, defining groove, creating tension and release by:
• adding tensions as melodic tensions.
• adding tensions as harmonic tensions.