Learn guitar, live guitar, love guitar
You can do it! You can learn to play guitar!
- Fun! Learn to play great songs by artists such as Eric Clapton, Green Day, Paramore, Jason Mranz, Coldplay, Guns ‘n’ Roses, The Beatles, Sublime and many more with self confidence, competence and, above all, by tapping into your full creative potential.
- Effective! Hundreds of my students have successfully learned to play guitar.
- Flexible! Make up missed classes at no charge. Conditions apply.
- 10 classes ,10 hours, $295 in group lessons
- Guitar for Absolute Beginners. Read more below
- Guitar for the Near Beginner. Read more below
Limited to six students. Absolutely no prior musical experience is required for absolute beginners, all materials are included. The course consists of ten weekly one-hour sessions at $295.00
Should I take private lessons or a class?
All classes provide a fun, social atmosphere for learning. The private lessons allow the student to receive a focused one-on-one attention from the guitar instructor. I think that, as a beginner, you’ll be happy either way, so please call me and let´s have a discussion about your goals and how best to meet them.
“I’m an absolute beginner and getting started was a challenging experience. Thomas was in sync with my needs getting the best out of me. His humble but insistent style kept me making constant progress. He makes you learn and also participates actively in the process. ”
Henry J Felch, Fitzroy
Guitar 1: Guitar for Absolute Beginners
This is where your guitar career begins-the most effective guitar class for beginners. Classes at Thomas’ Guitar School will give you a structured, step-by-step approach in a friendly, supportive atmosphere. If you have the desire to play the guitar, you will be successful upon completion of this course.
Q: Can I actually learn to play the guitar in the 10 week Guitar For Absolute Beginners Course?
A: YES, you can. If you are able to practice three times per week during the course, then your success is assured!
Guitar 2: Guitar for the Near Beginner
In this course you will achieve further mastery, confidence with basic chords and strumming developing at the same time your creative output. You will learn to play simple melodies of great songs from artists such as Cold Play, Tom Petty, Guns ‘n’ Roses, Jack Johnson, Elton John, Jimi Hendrix, Johnny Cash, Janis Joplin, John Lennon, the Eagles, Green Day, Nirvana and many more. This course is designed for those who have completed the first level or who are otherwise familiar with basic open chords, strumming but are not yet comfortable in their performance.
Call now to check class schedules by phone
Payment and cancellation conditions:
- Payment is accepted by pay pal or bank transfer.
- If you are in a group and you miss a class you may attend if available another similar group lesson only in the same week of the original class or you may access online the video of the missed class.
- Private lessons . If a student misses his class he or she may (subject to the teacher´s availability) make up the class within the same week of the original class but paying the difference between the cost of the class booked and the cost of the full hourly rate of 80 dollars per session.
- Courses are fully refundable up to one week before they start. Once the course has started a 50 % refund will be available at any moment of the remaining classes. This is not applicable to groups.
Contact: CALL NOW 0448348701
Beginners level 1
The student upon completion will be able to.
- Strum in subdivision following a tempo and create intensity throughout the accompaniment
- Play a full diatonic melody in one scale at a solid tempo – (Verse Chorus).
- Play along with a recording.
- Analyse the structure of choice of a song identifying: verse, chorus, introduction and endings.
- Read with numbers a melody.
- Read notes in the first position.
- Read and write rhythms: Pages 1 to 10 a Paul Hindemith.
- Play scales with articulation: soft,loud and accents.
- Play triads in open position creating bass lines and generating symmetries.
- Plays scales in various keys and the chords generated.
- Tune without the need of a tuner.
- Transcribe a simple melody.
- Write an 8 bar melody with numbers.
- Explore the modes in major scale.
All above topics create a solid foundation of a course that proves to be the best way to learn guitar if you wish to play with others and understand what music is all about.
Beginners level 2
The student upon completion will be able to:
- Strum in tertiary subdivision following a tempo and create intensity throughout the accompaniment.
- Play a full diatonic melody in one scale, at a solid tempo and in two octaves (Verse Chorus).
- Read whole notes, eight notes and corresponding silences in first position.
- Read and write rhythm: pages 10 to 20 Paul Hindemith.
- Play scales with articulation: soft, loud, accents and patterns 1 and 2.
- Play sevenths chords in open position creating bass lines and generating symmetries.
- Plays scales in all keys, understand and produce the chords generated.
- Play major, minor pentatonic and blues scales in all keys.
- Play triads, open strings with inversions.
- Transcribe a simple melody.
- Write an 32 bar composition: chords and melody.
- Play Romance Anonimo.
- Play major and minor (E and A shaped) triad bar chords.
- Perform two songs to choose from selected repertoire in the styles of Jazz, Rock, Blues, Folk, Latin and Flamenco.