Upcoming group guitar courses, concerts, guitar groups, workshops
Creative Guitar School News
Please note that new guitar group courses will be starting the week of April 17th. There is one slot left for level 1, Mondays at 7pm, and two slots left for level 3 on Wednesdays at 8pm.
Lately I am receiving emails asking me about what a student learns in beginners level in guitar group courses. The information can be found here on this Melbourne Creative Guitar School Link.
My main goal, in all classes and courses, is to make sure students have fun with new knowledge. This process will allow them to play the songs they like, how they like and get them playing music for the rest of their lives.
At the Creative Guitar School there are 6 levels of learning. These are the specifics of the learning at Level 1:
The student upon completion of Level 1 will be able to:
- Strum in subdivision following a tempo and create intensity throughout the accompaniment.
- Play a full diatonic melody in one scale at a solid tempo – (Verse Chorus)
- Play along with a recording
- Analise the structure of choice of a song identifying; verse, chorus, introduction and endings
- Read with numbers a melody
- Read notes in the first position
- Play scales with articulation: soft, loud and accents
- Play triads in open position creating bass lines and generating symmetries
- Plays scales in various keys. They will also understand and produce the chords generated
- Tune without a metronome
- Transcribe a simple melody
- Write an 8 bar melody with numbers and harmonise it
All levels are available for students that study privately or in guitar group courses.
Just a quick reminder to let all my guitar students know they receive a 10% discount on tickets for my upcoming shows at the:
Armadale Uniting Church
86A Kooyong Road, Armadale VIC 3143
(03) 9509 8958
Book Full Melbourne Guitar Concerts Thomas Lorenzo 2016
- April 29 at 7pm
- June 24 at 7pm
- August 26 at 7pm
- October 28 at 8pm
- November 25 at 8pm.
At these Melbourne concerts I will be performing with my nylon string, Spanish guitar, compositions from my new album that will be released this year. My objective as a composer is to express emotions that make me feel good. The style chosen is just the carrier of the emotion. I consider my self to be a jazz musician as I define jazz as creative self expression on any given composition. The style of jazz I choose will depend on the composition and personal mood. Please join us for a refreshing evening.