Blues Guitar Lessons and Basic Improvisation
B. B. King The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
Here a the Creative Guitar School in Melbourne I offer a selection of courses and masterclasses geared towards the achievement of your personal goals as a musician or artist.
We will approach basic improvisation by applying to the twelve bar blues form the pentatonic scale, riffs that we will memorize and transcribe from master blues players, and our own riffs and melodies that we will learn to create.
We will learn:
- to vary riffs both rhythmically and melodically.
- how to structure solos in relation to the form of the blues and to create tension and release.
- to create solos with chordal tones.
- how to combine chordal sounds with pentatonic major and minor sounds.
We will have a lot of fun.
Course Content Blues guitar lessons and basic improvisation
- Blues Soloing
- Improvising and creating melodies
- Improvising and thinking rhythmically
- Minor blues
- Creating melodic variations
- Solo length and creating climax
- Playing chord tones
- Chord scale soloing
- Chromatic approach shapes that help define chordal movement
The blues sound is a major influence in contemporary styles of music. This sound is defined both by chord progressions and by specific scales. These chords and scales can be taken out of a blues context and incorporated into other styles of music in order to add the blues touch we might require. My blues guitar lessons students will learn to understand what makes the blues sound, how to create blues melodies and how to play chords in a very unique and special manner that only blues players master.
I personally adore Muddy Waters, BB King and Steve Ray Vaughn . Let´s understand how they play the blues and what makes there playing so special. Let´s make our blues playing also sound special.